We kind of made these on a whim. You can use ANY cupcake recipe you want (try our super easy Vanilla cupcakes), but this is the one we used:
- 65g caster sugar
- 60g Light soft brown sugar
- 125g self raising flour
- 25g Chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 medium eggs
- 125g butter or margarine, softened at room temperature
- 2 tbsp milk
- Melt some chocolate – any will do
- Fairy sprinkles – we had some heart and star shaped ones
- White chocolate buttons – small or large
- Icing sugar, a little water and a drop of red food colouring
- Black icing pen
- If you can’t find heart or star shaped sprinkles, you can use icing pens to draw a beak and draw on squiggles on the tummy for a pattern!
1) Mix your drying ingredients, add the butter, blend and add your eggs, vanilla essence and milk
2) Spoon into the cupcake cases and bake until golden (approx 15minutes)
3) Take out and let fully cool
1) Melt the chocolate and pour over your owls – do four at a time, as the chocolate will set quite quickly
2) Add your chocolate button eyes.
3) Add a heart as a beak and 2 more hearts as little ears.
4) Make up the feather tummy with stars, or use a gel pen.
5) Let it all set. Then mix up some pink icing (icing sugar, a little water and one or two drops of red food colouring). Make it as thick as possible. Then add your pink wings.
6) Add black pupils for eyes.
What are your favourite cute Halloween treats?
Entering this into the Appliances Online Cake Win Prizes competition!