We need some cupcakes in a hurry, and I didn’t have much in the cupboard save for the “standard” ingredients. I decided that this easy chocolate cupcake recipe always goes down well. And whipped up a batch in no time! This is based on the “equal measures” foragers cake, where you weigh the eggs first and go from there, but it isn’t an exact science, so take our measures as approximates.
- 2 eggs (weighed, in our case: 130g)
- 130g self raising flour
- 130g sugar (we used demarer sugar as I was out of ordinary sugar)
- 130g unsalted softened butter
- 40g cocoa powder
- 125ml of milk
- Ahem.. bung it all in your mixing bowl and mix well!!! (Surely this is the really makes this an easy chocolate cupcake recipe?!)
- Divide into muffin cases and bake for approx 15-20min, do check on them and check with a knife to see if ready (i.e. if the knife comes out clean you are ready to go).
- Remove, let cool briefly and then put on a rack to fully cool down.
Eat plain or decorate.