This is the scrummy yummy pumpkin soup recipe that we made on our Halloween Family Day. It was delicious and a great way to use the pumpkin “whole”. Whilst The Uncle carved, Daddy made soup – the potatoes made it nice and thick and creamy. It is super easy to make, but all our measurements are rough guesses.. basically, make it to suit your tastes!
- Lots of pumpkin (approximate one large pumking/ 2 medium sized one)
- 2 Carrot
- 1 Onions
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 2 large Potatoes
- 2 tsp Curry Powder
- Vegetable stock
- Slowly fry the pumpkin, raw potatoes, carrots, garlic and onion in butter and let it reduce
- Add some 2 tsp of curry powder to taste and salt & pepper to taste
- Add water and stock to cover everything
- Let simmer and soften
- Blend, taste an add any more stock/ salt/ pepper/ curry powder to get the taste right
- Serve with hot rolls.
I hope you enjoy this Pumpkin Soup recipe!
Read all about our Halloween Family Day traditions here: