Welcome back to our next slow cooker recipe! We are slowly getting into the swing of using our crock pot and my husband particularly likes it! So we made a winter stew with the vegetables “to hand”. I think you can pretty much make it with any veg I believe! Great for using up any left over vegetables.
We added suet dumplings (and followed the instructions on the packet) and served with mash.
Ingredients (serves min 6):
- 350g stewing beef
- 3 sticks celery
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 2-3 parsnips (chopped)
- 2-3 carrots (chopped)
- a couple of handful of frozen peas
- 1/3 of a medium sized swede
- 3 potatoes
- Water + a couple of tablespoons of gravy granules (if you don’t have granuals, just add some stock)
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt & Pepper
- Fry off the beef
- Add the onions and fry
- Put everything into the slow cooker (EXCEPT the peas)
- Add enough water and the granules to almost cover
- Set Crock Pot to 8 hours.
- In the last hour throw in the peas and make dumplings if you wish
- In the last 30min put on some potatoes for mash on the side