Well.. yes, we had some of those blackened bananas that NO ONE will touch in the fruit bowl. The flies were beginning toget excited, so I decided to get baking with the kids – actually with The Girl, as the Boy started back at school today (boooo). We went for a Honey, Oats and Banana muffins. The are DELICIOUS, easy to make and are also a great alternative Breakfast muffin or add them to the children’s lunchbox. They will keep a week in air tight container. I like to stick them in the fridge too (why not!).
Banana Muffins Recipe Ingredients
- 3 ripe bananas (the riper the better)
- 2 large eggs
- 125ml of milk
- 100g butter
- 2 tbls runny honey
- 200g self raising flour
- 200g porridge oats
- handful of raisins and walnuts (optional)
Banana Muffins Method
1. Melt the butter and honey in a pot on the stove and set aside
2. Squish your 3 bananas with a fork, in a bowl. Add the eggs and milk and whisk.
3. Add your oats, flour and raisins/ nuts. And mix with a wooden spoon.
4. Pour in the butter and honey. Mix again.
5. Divide into cupcake cases. Ours were quite small, we ended up with 18 cupcakes. Normally this will make around 12 medium – large cupcakes.
6. Bake 20 – 30 minutes (20min if small…) until golden brown.
Let cool on a rack and enjoy! You will end up with a sweet and moist and filling breakfast muffin!
From Blackened Bananas that no one will touch to Honey, Oat & Banana Muffins, that we can’t get enough of! We need some smell-o-vision SOON!