As you may be aware, we have been FORAGING recently! We love going out and finding things that we can collect and eat. Learning about nature, our environment and the seasons as we go along. We even came together made a little video (see below) to share all our best Foraging Tips & Trick. Truly inspired. We now have a handful of pears to use up and were looking around for what pear recipes to try, when of course I thought – our Foragers Cake. Foragers cake is perfect, as you can make as little or as much as you like – depending on what fruit you have. Also you can add different fruit to different corners of your cake. Meaning you can make the most of what you have. As we had four small pears, I decided to make Pear Muffins using this recipe and as always, this is a great recipe for Cooking With Kids!
- 2 eggs = 120g
- 120 g self raising flour
- 120g butter at room temp
- 120g of sugar
Pear Recipe Method:
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Mix it all together until you have smooth dough. Add a splash of milk if necessary (we rarely do).
- Meanwhile and slice your fruit.
- Spoon your mixture into your cupcake cases (we made 11 in the end).
- Add all the sliced fruit on top. Place it close together, it will sink into your cake a little and also add to the moistness
- Pop into the oven until golden, usually 20-25 min for cupakes
Eat hot! DELICIOUS!
Now to our Foraging Tips & Tricks
Have an ABUNDANCE of Blackberries? Check out this lovely round up of Blackberry recipes to really get your mouth watering!
Author: Maggy Woodley