Baking with Kids: Butterfly Cupcakes
Who doesn’t love a Butterfly Craft for kids? Today we made some Butterfly Cupcakes. They are super easy butterfly cupcakes and are great for cake sales at school, for the PTA or for Girl guides. As they look pretty and taste yummy.
We made them for two reasons – one is because I have clear and happy memories of making these with our “adoptive Grandmother” as a child. And I have been meaning to make these for a while with the kids.. and two, because she passed away recently (aged 95yrs) and I was talking to her daughter about them and I knew we HAD TO MAKE SOME NOW. So we did. Celia, these Butterfly Cupcakes are for you:
Ingredients: You favourite Vanilla Cupcakes
Icing: Your favourite Buttercream Icing & sprinkles
1) Make your cupcakes and icing as per usual (if you have read this blog before, you will know, that I believe in having 2-3 good cupcake recipes, that you make time and time again, rather than reinvent the wheel each time!)
2) Once your cakes are cooled and the buttercream ready for use… cut a “cone” into your cupcake – i.e. don’t just “slice the top off”, but cut into the cake.
3) Then cut this cone/ circle in half.
4) Add a strip of butter cream (ours was a little runny in the end)
5) Add the wings and some sprinkles.
Done. Yum. Butterfly cupcakes anyone?
More wonderful Butterfly Crafts for Preschoolers here!
I just love the way they look! I tried some of your recipes before and they turned out great. They are also fun for the little ones! I love what you do, keep it up!
Shaun Hoobler recently posted..[launch Discount] Exit Splash + Bonuses & 60 Day Money Back Policy!