Last year (and we never go around to sharing this then), Pip Squeak’s Reception class – so lots of 4 & 5yrs olds – classed as Preschoolers in the rest of the world – made these WONDERFUL WONDERFUL little Christmas treats as part of their Young Enterprising scheme. The made them and sold them at school. Profits went to charity. The best bit about this young enterprising scheme, is that officially Reception is not a part of it, they are too young.. whilst the rest of the school gets organised activities… but you know, that never stops a real entrepreneur, now does it?!
I am digressing. The kids made adorable Rice Crispy Christmas Puddings:
As they did these in school.. I can’t give you the exact quantities.. but I can give you what they used.
Rice Crispies Christmas Puds – Ingredients
Marzipan Christmas Shapes*
If you can get marizpan shapes – by your own fondant and icing and colour it green and red. (We like using the Sugarflair Brand (UK Readers) and you if you are form the US get it here – affiliate links)
Rice Crispies Christmas Puds – Method
1) Melt your chocolate in a big bowl in the microwave. Keep an eye on it, so as to not overheat it, as that ruins chocolate.
2) Mix in the rice crispies, keep adding until you have a good mix, that doesn’t look too “wet”. And spoon into the cupcake cases.
3) Prepare your Holly & Berries – if you have shop bought ones, this is an easy step. If you don’t, then use your fondant and colour it green and red. Cut simple holly shapes (don’t try and get all the detail, just a simple green leave will do) and make red little balls.
4) Now melt your white chocolate – again carefully in the microwave.
5) Add a spoon of white chocolate to each cake and pop your holly decoration on top.