Easy (Caramel) Vanilla Cupcakes
Well.. ahem, these are REALLY easy AND I adapted them from our Forager’s Cake recipe… Basically, I wanted to make some simple cupcakes to use up the caramel ganache I made for the caramel layer cake. I thought cupakes would be ideal and I would be able to take them as visiting gifts at my Brother-in-Law’s.
The forager’s cake is meant to be flat. Cupcakes are meant to rise. So I replaced the plain flour with self raising flour (if you don’t have self raising flour, add some baking powder and you should be fine!). You will see me using this recipe with various variations again and again!
Ingredients (makes 12):
- 2 eggs (weighed, in our case: 130g)
- 130g self raising flour
- 130g sugar (I held a little back, as the ganache is super sweet)
- 130g butter
- A splash of milk (to make it smoother and easier to divide in the tins)
- Drop of vanilla essence
- Use whatever you have – icing sugar with sprinkles, chocolate, or in our case the caramel ganache left over!
Oven preheated at 180C, muffin tin, cupcake cases
1) Put all ingredients in a bowl and blend all together. (The Boy (aged 4.5yrs) is getting VERY good at cracking eggs, I am impressed).
2) Divide equally into 12 cupcake cases with some tea spoons.
3) Bake for 20-25min, keep checking – when browning and springy to the touch take out of oven and let cool on a cooling rack.
4) Reheat the ganache (I did this in the microwave) and decorate! If you don’t have ganache (and goodness, don’t make any especially!), just use normal icing for decorating or melt some chocolate over it.
That ganache looks good!
Emma recently posted..Capture The Colour Competition
wow,these look very impressive!you are like a professional Maggy 🙂 Thanks for sharing.
Isil recently posted..Review:Mushroom & Co Natural Rubber Toys