Pumpkin Risotto Recipe
November 4, 2012 | Cooking, Halloween, recipes | 6 Comments|
Another great pumpkin recipe is this pumpkin risotto recipe. It is light and tasty and another great recipe for those colder winter evenings. Very filling too. We made this as part of our “grand Halloween Pumpkin Carving day”. The Uncle scooped and carved and Daddy cooked (lots). I love using the pumpkin whole – the outside for our decorating, pumpkin seeds for crafting (to come) and the flesh for eating. Perfect.
Daddy likes to “wing recipes”, so these are approximates:
- Pumpkin (from one large pumpkin)
- Fresh rosemary
- One large onion
- 250g Risotto rice
- 800-900ml vegetable Stock (check on your risotto packaging for amount of liquid needed)
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Reduce down the pumpkin significantly by frying garlic, pumpkin and rosemary in butter for at least 20-3ominutes.
- After 15min or so start chopping one large onion and fry (in another pan), add a little garlic.
- Once onions brown, add the risotto rice and stir.
- Then add the reduced pumpkin.
- Gradually add your vegetable stock, every 2-3 minutes. Letting the rice gradually absorb the stock.
- Add Parmesan and salt & pepper.
Enjoy! It was delicious. Sorry I didn’t get a great photo of it – I was too busy slurping soup and eating risotto!
Related Posts via Categories
Sounds yummy! I love pumpkin recipes and have been looking for ideas for risotto. Thanks for sharing. I have after thoughts about getting a photo after we started to or have already finished eating.. oops!
Genuine Jenn recently posted..Marvelous Menu November 3-9, 2012
ooooh yummy! I might try this, we have several pumpkins left!
Emma recently posted..A Vampire World