Be My Valentine…
…oh we did get a bit carried away with Valentine’s Baking! Take an easy cookies recipe and just look at all the things you can turn it into! First we had some Love Cookie Pops and now we have some “Be My Valentine’s” sweethearts.
- 300g (2.5 cups) Flour
- 200g (3/4 cup) Butter (at room temperature)
- 100g (0.5 cups) Sugar
- 50g Cocoa powder (approx 3/4 cup or 4 heaped table spoons)
- 1 egg (you can replace it with some milk if need be)
As well as:
- Girl & Boy Mini Gingerbread Cutters (but make them full scale too)
- Icing Sugar + a little water
- Heart shaped sprinkles – or just coloured icing/ food gels etc. Whatever you can find!
Preheat oven to 180C
1) Mix all your ingredients into a smooth dough. If you do not want to use an egg (maybe because of children helping) you, can mix the cocoa with some milk and make a moist paste – the egg is mainly there to help bind the cocoa to the basic shortbread recipe. We did this with a kitchen aid, so the children just helped pour everything in.
2) Roll out 5mm or so.
3) Bake for approximately 12-15minutes.
4) Let cool a minute or two and place on rack to fully cool.
6) Mix a little icing sugar with water. Don’t make it runny (our classic mistake) and use it to stick on your hearts.
Find someone you love and share!
And if you fancy some more Valentine’s Ideas check out this great list of crafts, activities and baking over on Red Ted Art!
Related Posts via Categories
Wholesome Fingerfood – Falafel
No Comments | Dec 21, 2014
No Comments | Dec 17, 2018
15 Comments | Oct 14, 2022
Cooking with Kids: Pitta Bread Pizza
3 Comments | Jun 27, 2012
aww how cute is that couple. Added to my inspiring recipes pin board
Galina V recently posted..Baking with Suzy: Love Heart Jam Biscuit Baking Kit