DIY Fruit Ice Lollies
My kids LOVE ice lollies and come the Summer season, they are always asking for some. Though I do believe the kids should have treats, I also believe in healthy treats. Yes, chocolate and gummi bears are fine once in a while, but not on a daily basis. Ditto ice cream. When on holiday, maybe, when at home no. So I decided to make them some fruit ice lollies. And I have to say, they are DELICIOUS. My mouth is watering just thinking about them now. They are healthy AND relatively inexpensive to make, as we used frozen fruit! Though you can experiment and use whatever fruit you fancy. We made Elderberry, Blueberry and Raspberry lollies. Delicious.
Ice Lolly Recipe Ingredients:
* small portion of frozen berries per lollie – frozen fruit are a lot cheaper to buy and also means we “always have some” to hand
* some waterdown elderflower cordial (probably less than 1/4 of a cup per lollie)
You can substitue the cordial with lemonade or apple juice or even a yoghurt/milk mixture. Experiment to suit your tastes!
Ice Lolly How To
1) Pack some fruit into your lolly moulds
2) Pour in some cordial or other liquid – do not fill to the top, as you still need to get your lolly stick in
3) Gently ease you stick in and place in the freezer.
Leave overnight and done. I am telling you, these are seriously delicious ice lolly treats!!!
Looking for other summer activities? Why not check out these wonderful DIY Friendship Bracelets
Hope you like them!
You may also enjoy having a go at these fantastically cute and fun Grass Heads. They are so simple to make and a great way to keep the kids learning and looking after plants over the summer!