Make Time for Tea on Mother’s Day
Disclaimer: this is a sponsored post by hallmark
Mums are treasured by us on every day of the year, but on Mother’s Day it’s great to really spoil them and give them a day to remember, as well as a much-deserved day off! It doesn’t have to be expensive to make your mum’s day memorable, and with a little pre-planning you can treat your mum to the day she deserves. One of the easiest ways to do this is by throwing a magical Mother’s Day tea party, which is so easy and fun to plan that even the youngest members of the family can get involved.
One of the first things you’ll need for your tea party is a pretty tea set, and for this you won’t have to look much further than your local charity shops, where you can often find a colourful array of cups, saucers, milk jugs and teapots for almost no money at all.
You might also be able to find a floral tablecloth or vase while you’re browsing too, which will help in setting the scene for your whimsical Mother’s Day tea party that’s sure to delight any kind of mum. Balloons, bunting and fresh flowers also make beautiful tea party decorations, and you could arrange the flowers inside the vase or even a large jug, as well as scatter petals on the table for a delightful vintage look.
Of course the most important part of the tea party is the food and drink, and as well as stocking up on teabags and milk, you’ll also need a tempting selection of sweet treats and sandwiches! To really impress your mum try your hand at making your own puddings for the table, like this super-simple strawberry cheesecake that you can make in under two hours, and is sure to make her proud.
To make the strawberry cheesecake base, you’ll need:
250g digestive biscuits
100g butter, melted
For the cheesecake filling, you’ll need:
600g soft cheese (not low-fat, as it won’t work properly in this recipe)
100g icing sugar
284ml double cream
100g puréed strawberries
For the topping, you’ll need:
400g strawberries (half puréed, half left whole)
25g icing sugar
- Start by buttering the base of a 23cm loose-bottomed or spring-form tin.
- Place the digestive biscuits in a food bag, seal and then use a rolling pan to crush them into crumbs. Then empty the crumbs into a mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter using a microwave, or pan over a low heat. Pour the butter over the biscuit crumbs and mix until they are thoroughly coated.
- Scoop the butter-covered crumbs into the tin and using a spatula, press down into an even layer. Place in the fridge to set for one hour.
- Pour the soft cheese and icing sugar into a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Slowly add the cream and continue mixing until combined.
- Stir the puréed strawberries into the cheese mixture, and then use the electric mixer to blend them completely.
- Spoon the cheese mixture onto the biscuit base, smoothing it down as you go to ensure there are no air bubbles. Place the cheesecake back in the fridge to set overnight.
- Remove the cheesecake from the fridge about 30 minutes before consumption as it needs to be at room temperature. Run a sharp knife between the cheesecake and the tin to help remove it without any damage, then slip the cheesecake onto a serving plate.
- Blend the puréed strawberries with the icing sugar and a tablespoon of water, then sieve into a bowl. Slice the whole strawberries and arrange on the top of the cake. Then pour over the purée, and serve.
Many thanks to www.makeitandmendit.com for this delicious recipe!
While you’re planning your delightful Mother’s Day tea party, don’t forget another important part of the day – a Mother’s Day card, and even a gift, to make your mum feel really special. The greetings card specialist Hallmark has a fantastic selection of cards, as well as a mothers day gifts range that has something for all types of mum, and will perfectly complement her treat-packed tea party!
Isn’t that simply yummy?
You may also enjoy making some homemade mother’s day gifts – such as these easy and fun DIY Bath Bombs that kids can make!
I bet it was lots of fun, I’d love to see a Mother’s Day cards post or something related. I really like your writing and ideas. Hope you had tons of fun, like I had reading this 🙂
Shaun Hoobler recently posted..[launch Discount] Exit Splash + Bonuses & 60 Day Money Back Policy!